I went MIA again...woops!

Oh my. It has been a long time since I posted.
I have lots to say and yet, have nothing.
Funny how that goes.

Summer is in full swing. I am heading out camping with my most favourite girlfriends for a weekend of debauchery camping.
This is the 4th year now for the girls only camping trip.  I look forward to it all year. We usually have a theme (last year it was Disco) and we celebrated the birthday of one of our ladies. It was an awesome time. We decorated the campsite and even had a disco ball and tie dyed shirts (that I made, thank you very much!).

This year...well it's a surprise. I can't say yet, some in case one of my girlfriends reads this and they don't know anything has been planned. But I will say, I think we are going to have A LOT of fun.
We drink, we eat, we drink. Yes, I know I said that twice. We do a wee bit of drinking.
And laughing. So much laughing. There is just so much to say for what a weekend away with some people that you love dearly can do for your state of mind.
It's a great chance to get away from laundry and dust bunnies and all the glamorous details of the everyday life. We love our families of course but a weekend away, not taking take care of anyone is a great refresher!


So, what else has been going on?


Seems like so much longer ago than it really has been but my beautiful city and parts of our beautiful province had historical flooding last month.  The clean up is still on going.
The neighborhood I live in was not flooded but my Dad unfortunately lives in an area of the city that was hit pretty hard.
I spent a good part of a week over my Dad's helping them with clean up and trying to get things back to a livable level. He and his wife were fortunate in the fact that the water did not reach the main floor of their house but their basement was almost completely full of water, almost to the roof. A lot of stuff was not salvageable but we did manage to clean up and save quite a lot. There's still more work ahead as they will need to rebuild the entire basement but I am happy to report that they are now on a much deserved holiday. Resting and fishing. And they sure do deserve some solitude and calm right now!


A glimpse of what was going on my city just a few weeks ago


This flood experience was like none other I  have ever seen or dealt with in my life. Nothing like this really happens in our area. We are usually pretty safe from Mother Nature's wrath.
Seeing how the city and the province all pulled together and started rebuilding, right away is something I will never forget. I can't even explain it. There were thousands of volunteers walking the streets of the affected areas, handing out food, cleaning supplies, services. Anything you could possibly need. My heart is lighter just thinking about it. My sense of community is a lot stronger now. Stronger than it has ever been.

Oh there's the whole someone got into our garage and stole KingK's truck (keys were in it, yeah. I know...what?). The garage door was open about a foot. KingK was airing it out. They must have crawled under the door and jackpot... a nice truck with keys in it. Awesome! They jumped in the truck, gunned it and back right out of the garage, right though the door.We don't live in a bad area at all really. We live in the burbs for Pete's sakes. Alas a sad truth, it can happen anywhere. Even small quiet towns. Criminals are everywhere. It was an awesome way to wake up on a Sunday morning, I tell ya. It shook the whole house.
We still don't have a garage door. The garage is all boarded up. Yeah, it looks very classy. We did get the truck back and surprisingly it doesn't have much damage. Dealing with police and insurance constantly still (it's been 2 weeks almost) but hey, we got the truck back (minus EVERYTHING that was in it, right down to a box of kleenex and my lip gloss, the nerve!) and life goes on.

Kind of what my house looks like right now. This is not my house but you get the idea.
On a side note, I really need to start taking and using my own pictures!

Well there's a bit of recap of the last month or so. I hope I can get back to posting my usual nonsense, in a more regular fashion.

Talk to you soon!









Comments

Popular Posts